The Firm is currently accepting applications for Summer 2017. A summer associate must have completed two years of law school from an accredited law school. Individual must have superior academics and a demonstrable Lehigh Valley connection.
The position requires legal research, analytical and drafting skills. This position is full-time from approximately the end of May through the end of August. Summer associates receive diverse assignments to ensure exposure to all practice areas. Each summer associate will be given opportunities to attend trials, depositions, real estate closings, client meetings, Firm events and social activities. Read what our 2016 Summer Associate had to say about his experience at the Firm.
A summer associate reports and is responsible to their assigned shareholder attorney.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of each assigned client’s business and business philosophy.
- Identifies, collects, analyzes, abstracts, organizes and maintains facts and documents.
- Prepares draft legal documents for attorney review.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of statutes, court decisions and customs relating to legal procedures and practices in appropriate areas of law.
- Assists in the analysis of legal proceedings by identifying problems, needs and procedures.
- Researches relevant law as assigned.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Materials for Submission
In addition to a resume, individual should provide a cover letter, transcript and writing samples to:
Chair, Hiring and Retention Committee
Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.
4001 Schoolhouse Lane
P.O. Box 219
Center Valley, PA 18034-0219
Or email us.