Joseph S. D’Amico, Jr.
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence Litigation
- Workers' Compensation Defense
610-797-9000, ext. 318
(610) 797-9000, ext. 363
Joseph S. D’Amico’s success as a trial attorney is built on a foundation of responsiveness to client needs and desires, along with preparedness and an aggressive but professional demeanor. Mr. D’Amico has a variety of jury trial, non-jury trial, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (A.D.R.) experience in numerous venues and multiple jurisdictions throughout the courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mr. D’Amico’s trial and appellate experience and practice encompasses commercial & construction litigation, professional negligence litigation involving insurance/producer issues, together with real estate litigation, personal injury, and workers’ compensation defense. Mr. D’Amico has also been selected by judges and former adversaries to act as a mediator or arbitrator to resolve disputes.
- Robert Morris University, B.S. B.A., cum laude, 1986
- The Dickinson School of Law of Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 1989
- Woolsack Honor Society
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Bench Bar Conference Committee Chair, Bar Association of Lehigh County, 2010-2012
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Via Founders’ Award
- Peacemaker Award – given by leading National Insurance Broker to outside counsel; First attorney in the nation to have been honored three times.
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, President’s Legal Eagle Award 2009 for outstanding service to the Bar Association
- S.D. Bowers Inc. v. National Bank of the Commonwealth – 404 Pa. Super 512, 591 A2d 324 (1997)
- Atiyeh v. Bear – 456 Pa. Super. 458, 690 A.2d 1245 (1997)
- Patient Transfer Systems, Inc. v. Patient Handling Solutions, Inc. – 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7648 (E.D. Pa. June 6, 2000)
- Torchia v. Cedar Fair, L.P. – 71 D&C 4th 534 (Leh. Cty. 2004)
- American Rock Mechanics, Inc. v. Abbonizio Contractors, Inc. – 887 A.2d 322 (Pa. Super. 2005)
- Olexa v. DeSales University – 78 D&C 4th 171 (Leh. Cty. 2005)
- Former Board Chairperson, Board and Finance Committee Member, Via of the Lehigh Valley, 1995-2009
- Member, Board of Governors, Berkleigh Country Club, 2000-2007; former Club President, 2003-2005