Real Estate, Land Use and Development
Since the inception of the Firm, the Real Estate, Land Use and Development practice has been a cornerstone of our success. Our real estate development and transactional attorneys work closely in providing exceptional service in acquisitions, sales, development financing, exchanges and all aspects of real estate-related transactions.
We routinely guide our clients in the entitlement process to obtain governmental approvals and assist in overseeing development of projects large and small, through commencement of construction and to post-development project completion.
Our Service Areas
- Land Use, Zoning and Subdivision
- Real Estate Development
- Commercial Transactions
- Banking and Finance Placement
- Tax Assessment Appeals
- Eminent Domain
- Landlord/Tenant and Leasing
- Planned Communities and Condominiums
- Natural Gas, Energy and Utilities
- Residential Purchases
Recent Projects and Accomplishments
- Counseled business partners and professional sports team ownership in major downtown arena and urban redevelopment project, working with private and government participants in the City’s economic employment and construction growth initiative.
- For over 25 years, handled on an ongoing basis municipal and related development approvals for major convenience stores, supermarkets, pharmacies and fast food retailers.
- Successfully challenged property tax assessments before local taxing authorities and in appeals to the respective county, including a certified class action appeal on behalf of over 300 homeowners, and through appeal and trial, one of the largest assessment reductions in Pennsylvania for the international headquarters of a Fortune 500 company.
- Litigated and resolved major condemnation claims for property owners and handled government takings and intrusions on private property, including federal highway taking seizure of retail buildings, parking lots and property rights.
- Prevailed in obtaining for a Fortune 100 company zoning, subdivision and land development approvals for a 200,000-SF retail center in suburban Lehigh Valley.
- Broke new ground on establishing and protecting the rights of a private property owner in a challenge filed by development opponents involving complex stormwater regulations. Led the development team in the entitlement, approval and build-out of the region’s largest upscale lifestyle retail center, including consultation on project regulations and covenants.
- For almost two decades, have provided legal direction and obtained entitlements for telecommunication carriers and tower owners, consisting of over 1,000 sites in more than half of Pennsylvania’s counties.
- Represented multi-national utility companies in obtaining land development approval for construction and expansion of a 25-acre solar energy facility.
- J.G. Petrucci Company
- Stabler Land Company
- Wegmans Food Markets
- Liberty Property Trust
- Poag & McEwen Lifestyle Center
- TD Bank
- Wawa Markets
- North Star Development
- AT&T Mobility
- Verizon Wireless
- The Waterfront Development Partners
- Serfass Construction
- IDS Real Estate Group (CA)
- Diversified Realty Advisors
- St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- DeSales University
- Iron Hill Construction
- Eastern Industries
- Allied Building
- Panattoni Development
- NAI Summit
- Cedar Fair, Inc.
- Team Capital Bank
- Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley
- Blue Grillhouse