Tax Assessment Appeals
FLB Law represents owners of residential, commercial and industrial real estate in Pennsylvania tax assessment appeals. Our attorneys have saved our clients millions of dollars in property taxes by lowering the assessments of over-assessed real estate in Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe and Montgomery counties and the surrounding areas.
We have tax assessment experience with multi-tenant office buildings, corporate headquarters buildings, assisted care facilities, warehouses, golf courses, retail buildings, multi-unit housing and residential homes. We also have a deep understanding of the complexities of public utility appeals governed by Pennsylvania’s Public Utility Realty Tax Act (PURTA).
Representative Matters and Areas of Focus
- Obtaining one of the largest tax assessment reductions in Pennsylvania and clarifying that appraisers may not speculate on possible uses. Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Bd. Of Assessment Appeals of Lehigh County (720 A.2d 790)
- Reducing the assessments on the world headquarters buildings of multiple companies based in the Lehigh Valley
- Certifying a class of over 300 residential homeowners in active adult communities and successfully litigating their claims
- Navigating the issues associated with federally regulated healthcare facilities, including assisted living facilities
- Defending assessment challenges initiated by school districts
Our attorneys creatively address assessment challenges, working closely with quality appraisers and financial and valuation specialists. We are proud of our tax assessment appeal experience and look forward to working with you.
Click here to see all of the Firm’s services related to real estate, land use and development.