On June 26, 2020, twelve more counties in Pennsylvania (some of which were hit the hardest by COVID-19) will be moving into the “Green Phase” of Governor Tom Wolf’s process to reopen Pennsylvania. This means all counties, with the exception of Lebanon County, will be “Green.” The Green Phase is the third of three phases of business reopening in Governor Wolf’s plan.
While the Green Phase sounds like everything goes back to the pre-COVID-19 normal way of life, that is not the case. The Green Phase eases most restrictions by lifting the stay-at-home and business closure orders to allow the economy to strategically reopen while continuing to prioritize public health. Under the Green Phase, there are still work, congregate setting and social restrictions in place.
Here are the new allowances and restrictions in place for counties entering the Green Phase:
- Large gatherings of more than 250 persons are still prohibited
- Masks are still required when entering a business
- Restaurants and bars may open for indoor seating but must be limited to 50% occupancy
- Personal Care Services (including hair salons and barbershops) may open at 50% occupancy and by appointment only
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities, and Personal Care Services (such as gyms and spas) may open but must be limited to 50% occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged
- All Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters, and shopping malls) Open at 50% Occupancy
- Construction activity may return to full capacity with continued implementation of protocols established by the Governor and Department of Health
- All businesses operating at 50% occupancy in yellow phase may increase to 75% occupancy but must follow Centers for Disease Control and Department Of Health guidance for social distancing and cleaning
- Child care services may open if compliant with applicable guidance
- Businesses with in-person operations must follow the updated business and building safety requirements
- Telework is still strongly encouraged where feasible
- Individual prison and hospital facilities determine their own restrictions
Our attorneys are here to assist your business in navigating the restrictions and guidelines in place during the Green Phase of Governor Wolf’s process to reopen Pennsylvania.