International Trade Law
Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. is the one of the very few law firms in the region outside of New York City or Philadelphia with substantial experience in representing and advising domestic companies doing business overseas and foreign companies operating in the United States.
Tim Charlesworth is the primary FLB Shareholder active in the field of International Law. He is a Member of the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law. Tim is also a Member of the Union Internationale des Avocats and the World Trade Center of Greater Philadelphia. These organizations, along with a professional network developed over more than 20 years of practice, give FLB access to legal experts in virtually any country.
Tim is admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court, US Court of International Trade, US Courts of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and 3d Circuit, US District Court (ED Pa.), as well as all Pa. State Courts.
As President of the World Trade Club of the Lehigh Valley, and also a Board member of LEXNET and other Export Promotion programs, Tim makes numerous presentations to the business community related to International Trade law. Tim acts as Regional Coordinator for the Export Legal Assistance Network (ELAN), which provides pro bono legal advice to small exporters.
FLB ’s attorneys represent the Firm’s clients in areas such as:
- Establishing over-seas Joint Ventures or other entities
- Licensing and Protection of Intellectual Property
- Preparing/Negotiating contracts with foreign Agents, Distributors, etc.
- Counseling on US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues
- Export and Import Compliance Programs and Audits
- Working with Government Agencies and responding to investigations
- Preparation/review of agreements for international sale of goods or services
- Representation of foreign entities establishing operations in the US
- Advice on Mergers & Acquisitions involving international components
- Due Diligence on transactions and coordination with foreign counsel
- Business-related Immigration, Visas and H.R. issues
- Litigation or Arbitration of disputes
- Review of financing and payment arrangements, such as Letters of Credit