We are with you from the beginning by assisting with the formation and ongoing operations of your nonprofit and providing counsel on structure and governance, employment issues, mergers, acquisitions and affiliations, as well as preparing key organizational documents. We also work with you in securing applicable tax exemptions, relating to federal income taxes, state sales taxes, local property taxes and others.
With help from other Firm practice areas, we can provide you with a full range of representation on the issues nonprofits face on a daily basis.
OUR SERVICE AREAS
- Nonprofit mergers, virtual mergers, acquisitions and affiliations
- Charter schools and charter school foundations (leasing, new building construction, expansion, financing and charter applications)
- Federal income tax exemption
- State sales and use tax exemption
- Local property tax exemption
- Charitable funding issues
- Pennsylvania Attorney General and Orphans’ Court approvals
- Nonprofit entity restructures
- Nonprofit dissolution