Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. (FLB) is pleased to announce that the Firm is celebrating 30 years of serving businesses and individual clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region with quality, responsive legal services. Consistently recognized as a top law firm in the greater Lehigh Valley region, FLB is also one of the largest firms in Pennsylvania, according to the PA Law 100.
History of the Firm
FLB’s successful history is based on helping people and businesses thrive. Thirty years ago, just as the Lehigh Valley was emerging as a nationally-acknowledged, integrated metropolitan region, Joseph A. Fitzpatrick, Jr., Joseph A. Bubba and Edward J. Lentz, who had practiced together previously at another firm, united to build a firm that would have a lasting impact on the area’s growth and economic strength.
- The Firm opened its first office in 1988 in the Sovereign Building, right in the heart of Allentown. The founders, with Timothy D. Charlesworth, now chair of the Firm’s International and Trade Law practice, and two other attorneys, made up the Firm at the time.
- In April 1992, FLB moved into its iconic “schoolhouse” building in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, strategically located in the expanding Lehigh Valley. This move was the initial development in the Stabler Corporate Center, a central business and employment center, hub for domestic and international corporations. Starting in the mid-1980s, Mr. Fitzpatrick and the FLB team spearheaded this development.
- The respected firm of Kellar & Kantra, including the late James G. Kellar as well as Emil Kantra II and Erich J. Schock, joined FLB in 1999, bringing with them a reputation of strength, experience and professional accomplishment to the rapidly growing Firm.
- FLB expanded its footprint in 2015, adding another location in Easton, PA to better serve our clients in Northampton County and western New Jersey.
- Over the last six months, FLB added four associate attorneys to the roster, marking significant growth. Our team of 35 attorneys and many certified paralegals ensures the Firm can promptly respond to clients’ needs for years to come.
Shaping the Lehigh Valley
“Since the beginning, we’ve emphasized a culture of integrity with a dedicated understanding of the law. We began with a promise to focus on our clients, and that still continues,” said Joseph A. Fitzpatrick, Jr., Founder and Shareholder of Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. “Our sole focus in starting the Firm was to provide an emerging regional client base with the individual attention needed to solve sophisticated legal challenges.”
In the early days of FLB, the Firm concentrated on land use and real estate, corporate law, healthcare, taxation and estate planning. In keeping with the times as well as the expected growth of the region, the Firm enhanced its services by adding niche, but critical legal services, such as mergers & acquisitions, employment law and intellectual property & patent law.
“Along with the region, we’ve really evolved since 1988,” says Mr. Fitzpatrick. “We are proud that we helped shaped the Lehigh Valley into the flourishing region it is today,” says Joe Bubba, Co-Managing Shareholder of Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba. “But for every visible, high-profile project we’ve been involved in, we also helped hundreds of small businesses, families and nonprofits build, grow and thrive.”
Watch our 30th Anniversary Video and look back on the history of the Firm.
Over the years, FLB received many recognitions for its excellence and integrity. Some notable honors include:
- 13 attorneys named as Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
- 10 years as the Lehigh Valley’s “Who’s Who” Leading Law Firm
- 6 attorneys have earned the Martindale Hubbell Lawyers’ Rating “AV® Preeminent™,” highest professional ranking
- 5 consecutive years as one of The Morning Call’s “Top Places to Work”
- 5 attorneys honored as the Lehigh Valley Business’s “40 Under 40”
- 5 years of being represented on the list of “Best Lawyers in America”
- 2 years as Lehigh Valley Business’s “Top Law Firm”
- 2 years as Lehigh Valley Business’s “Top Mergers & Acquisitions Specialist”
- Societas Award for Responsible Corporate Conduct finalist