Marie K. McConnell
- Corporate Governance and Business Law
- Business Reorganizations and Entity Restructuring
- Commercial Real Estate
- Tax Assessment Appeals
- Nonprofit Formations, Mergers, Affiliations and Exemptions
- Charter Schools
(610) 797-9000, ext. 361
Marie K. McConnell is a shareholder in the Firm’s Corporate, Business & Banking group. Her practice focuses on commercial transactions, including entity selection, formation and restructures, nonprofit mergers and affiliations, commercial real estate and taxation. Ms. McConnell’s practice also concentrates on tax exemption hearings and tax assessment appeals.
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M., taxation, 2009
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 2013 “Future Business Leader” of the Lehigh Valley Award, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Named a “Select Lawyer” in:
- Business/Commercial Law, Contracts Law, Real Estate Tax Assessment Appeals Law and Taxation Law, 2014
- Real Estate Tax Assessment Appeals Law, 2015 – 2016
- Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal “20 Under 40” Award, 2011
- Selected for inclusion in 2012-2016, Super Lawyers – Rising Star Edition
Projects and Accomplishments
- Establishment and continuing representation of nonprofit organizations, including restructuring, mergers and affiliations.
- Participation in tax exemption hearings for local and nationally-recognized nonprofit organizations, including hospitals.
- Representation of residential, commercial, industrial and public utility taxpayers in the appeal of real estate tax assessments, including in class actions. Appearances include local assessment authorities, the Courts of Common Pleas and Pennsylvania’s appeal courts.
- Representation of taxpayers in personal income tax matters, including domicile issues, before the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue Board of Appeals, Board of Finance and Revenue and Commonwealth Court.
- Secretary, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Lehigh Valley, 2015 – present; Member, 2010 – present
- Member, Audit, Finance and Investment Committee, Phoebe Ministries, 2014 – present
- Member, Board of Directors, Allentown School District Foundation, 2011 – present
- Former Member, Volunteer Leadership Council- Lehigh Valley Unit, American Cancer Society East Central Division
Related News Read All
Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. is pleased to announce seven attorneys have been recognized on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.... Read More
Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. is pleased to announce that 26 of the attorneys at the Firm were named to the 2016 Select Lawyers list.... Read More
Marie K. McConnell spoke at Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley’s “Project Blueprint” program on April 27 at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.... Read More
Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C. is pleased to announce that all 30 attorneys at the Firm have been named Local Legal Leaders by Lehigh Valley Magazine.... Read More