Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba has substantial experience in all aspects of family law and domestic relations. We handle divorce, alimony, support and custody/visitation matters, in cases ranging from amicable settlements through hotly contested proceedings. In addition, our attorneys have represented clients in guardianship issues.
- Divorce/Spousal Support/Alimony
- Annulments & Legal Separation
- Property Valuation and Division
- Child Custody/Child Support/Child Visitation
- Protection From Abuse
- Prenuptial/Postnuptial Agreements
We are uniquely equipped to address issues of equitable distribution and the often complex questions of the valuation of marital assets. To provide full service to our corporate and business clients, the family law department, in conjunction with our estate planning and taxation department, can assist with the maintenance and preservation of assets.
If a person’s ability to make decisions about his or her finances and medical treatment becomes compromised due to mental illness, an accident or another reason, he or she may need to have a guardian appointed by the court. A guardian can make important decisions on their behalf when the family does not have the guidance of a power of attorney or health care directive estate documents. Whether an emergency circumstance warrants a temporary order, or full guardianship is required for long-term care, our attorneys are well-qualified to advise your family on your options and walk you through the process of petitioning the court to gain decision-making power as a guardian.
- A spouse who seeks legal counsel regarding filing for divorce
- A parent in a custody dispute or dispute over child support
- An individual who seeks a legal Protection from Abuse order
- A person who wishes to be appointed a guardian in order to make decisions regarding a loved one’s finances and medical treatment